Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Stepping up!

I cannot tell you how fabulous our Step Up Day was for these 'first graders'! It was such an exciting morning. The children came to school looking older and more mature and ready to rise to the occasion of being first graders, if only for 45 minutes. The group worked so well together, I am really looking forward to next year!
I set the morning up to feel like it will in first grade. I had a morning message that each child needed to read and sign in on. Then we held a mini-morning meeting where my kindergarteners taught the other kids one of our favorite greetings. So many smiles and laughs were shared during this greeting! Thanks to Liz for snapping photos:



Then I did my famous lunch count guessing and read a book:
After the book, we brainstormed ideas that would make our weeks the best week ever. Then kids had to draw 4 things that would make their own Best Week Ever.



At the end, I waved my magic wand and turned them all into kindergarteners again... but it will be such a short time until they really ARE first graders. I told them all a little secret about first grade. I'll tell you too: first grade is the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment